So many tears have flowed since hearing my good friend Richard Wagamese passed away a week ago today. I haven't had the strength to write about it as the news really took the rug out from under me. He was a very special person to all of us at Keynote Speakers Canada. We had so much more than a business relationship; he was our friend and we were very close.
4:20 is Annual Weed Day. Smokers celebrate this day by gathering and smoking in public places. This year it’s difficult to avoid the shift in attitude about the Marijuana plant with many States in the USA now allowing its use for medical purposes. Many people still don’t seem to understand what this means so we asked Dr.
Today marks the launch of Internet Safety day to raise awareness of protecting our kids online.
Technology Expert and Futurist David Chalk has been studying the issue of Internet Security for the past 10 years. He recognized it was a problem long before anyone else. Here are 3 tips David asks his own kids to follow to help protect them online:
1. The "don't talk to strangers" rule is more important than ever on the Internet. Not only are strangers a danger, on the internet they can pinpoint your exact home location and follow you home.
2. Unplug the internet from desktop computers when not in use and/or shut off access to WiFi. This may sound excessive but it is the only known security measure to protect personal information, what is referred to as an "Air Gap".
In keeping with the spirit of the new year, we are talking with Celebrity Fitness Coach, TV Host and Grey Cup Champion Tommy Europe. January makes many of us wonder how we can get fit and stay fit. Tommy can inspire you and your organization to be a healthier, more productive workplace!
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? To be able to do what I love to do and share it with those that I love.
2. Which living person do you most admire? My mom.
3. On what occasion do you lie? When I have no other option.
4. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Confidence, no doubt!
5. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My girls... all three of them.
December is a time when everyone thinks about good food and good times with family and friends. Who better to feature this month than award winning Celebrity Chef Anna Olson! Not only will you enjoy learning some KeyNOTES about Anna but you may want to run home and start baking as she shares one of her favourite Christmas cookie recipes!
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Saturday morning in Niagara - a leisurely coffee, then off to the farmers market, butcher, etc to get set for a weekend of cooking & baking to follow.
2. What is your greatest fear? Like many people I imagine: fear of failure. At the same time, I've had to learn to embrace failure, since that is how to succeed in recipe development, learning from mistakes.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Insecurity - I hate when I question myself, but hate it more when I'm aware of doing it.
4. Which living person do you most admire? My husband, Michael. And I don't mean "admiring" in a sort of diminutive, deferential way as his spouse, but I have great respect for his sense of self, love of cooking and joie de vivre. It's wonderfully contagious.
5. What is your greatest extravagance? Time - I love a full weekend off - its rarity is what makes it such an extravagance.
It's hard to believe 5 years have gone by since I launched Keynote Speakers Canada Inc.
THANK YOU to all my clients and speakers. Without your support, I could not have achieved my dreams. Something I learned IS possible after listening to motivational speakers for almost 15 years!
We hope you enjoy our new website which now includes this Key NOTES Blog. Every month, we will ask different speakers questions that are designed to reveal information about their work as well as their character and inner thoughts. To kick it off, here are a few of my Key NOTES