Cheryl Cran helps leaders and their teams to build future workplaces, today. Her research into the future of work, technology, innovation, and generations impact provides data and strategies to help drive transformation in a fast paced world. Thousands of her clients have benefited from her expertise in change leadership, organizational development, leadership development, communication planning, project management to result in growth, evolution, and success
Cheryl’s background includes being a high performing leader in the corporate finance and insurance industries. While in the banking industry, she was promoted quickly to management, and from there was groomed to senior leadership. After ten successful years as a leader in banking, she was head-hunted by a national financial insurance company to head up their regional portfolio. In the two years she was there, her team helped to grow the company and increase market share by over 30%.
She is the author of six books, including her upcoming fall 2015 release, The Art of Change Leadership –Driving Transformation in a Fast Paced World; 101 Ways to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work; and Leadership Mastery In a Digital Age. Her articles have been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, Metro New York, Readers Digest, Cosmopolitan, Selling Power, Builder Woman, Managing People, Meeting Planners Industry and more.
Cheryl was awarded the Global Consultant of the Year award in Shanghai at the TMI World Partners meeting in 2014. She is the Past President of the Global Speakers Federation 2012-2013, and on the board of directors since 2010. In 2012 she was inducted into the Canadian Speaker Hall of Fame.
Please contact us for more information or to book Cheryl Cran for your next event.
- Upgrade your Leadership OS: How to Increase Business Through Upgraded LeadershipTechnology, changing demographics, demanding consumers, social media and more are today’s business realities.An IBM CEO survey showed that ‘technology’ is the biggest focus right now in business and the top three areas of focus to meet the demands are: Embracing Disruptions, Creating Shared Value and Daring to be Open.In this keynote all of these areas of focus are included as part of leaders needing to upgrading his or her operating systems.To be ahead of the speed of change leaders need to be able to increase abilities to adapt, to create and to innovate.In this breakthrough Keynote attendees will learn:
This keynote is for leaders who are ready to break through to the next level of mastery that creates new and exciting results for the teams they lead and ultimately for the overall business.
- How to shift the focus from ‘reactive’ to ‘responsive’ to lead inspired teams to create innovative solutions for clients
- How to embrace disruptions and see them as necessary and welcome aspects of leading change that can turn into innovative solutions for clients
- How to increase the ability to be thinking about ‘shared value’ consistently and to build solutions for teams and clients that increase value for all
- How to embrace and leverage the expansive success that come from daring to be open to ideas, people, and challenges for increased engagement for employees and clients
- Leading Change in a Fast-Paced Technological Workplace
This change and leadership keynote is for leaders and their teams who are in working in times of intense technological innovation dealing with ongoing change.
Cheryl uses humor, interaction, custom made videos focusing on your company and your people, along with movie clips to create a powerful keynote or seminar experience for your group.
This keynote focuses on how each individual can harness their own inner abilities to manage change and personal leadership in a positive and proactive way.
Attendees will leave with:
- Further insight into how is impacting the speed of work and how we as leaders need to build adaptability to the new reality
- A shifted perspective on how we as individuals can manage stress and time in an increasingly fast-paced work environment
- A clear understanding of how each generation views change and deals with change and strategies to improve change responses and actions
- Insight into their own personal change behaviors and tools to leverage their individual ability to adapt more quickly to ongoing change with a positive approach
- Tools to manage change in a way that combines emotional intelligence with generation intelligence and connects each person to the company's vision and goals
- Skills to communicate in a way that speaks to the higher potential of each individual and creates unprecedented understanding and commitment to change as we move forward
The return on investment for those attending this session and for the organization is an increased skill level for the leaders to manage change in a way that inspires each person to work hard for the vision and goals of the company.
- Lead With 2020 Vision - Building the Workplace of the Future Today
What will leaders and their teams have to do to thrive today and beyond to the year 2020? Today’s challenges include ongoing global change, uncertain economies and changing workplace dynamics.
Different worker attitudes are shaping where we work, how we work and when we work. As leaders we are the ones to set the vision, the positive environment for collaboration and the probability for success. This keynote will provide insight, humor and creative ideas on how leaders can increase team buy in through their 2020 vision.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- A look at the trends and technologies shaping the future workplace today
- Ideas for leaders and their teams to adapt their personality style and leadership style to the evolving workplace
- Tools to use to successfully communicate with the different generations in the workplace
- Insights into how leaders need to adapt to the ever-changing reality of worker attitudes and shifting attitudes on loyalty, job satisfaction and how work is done.
- Case studies and examples of progressive companies that are on the cutting edge of creating innovative workplaces and creating the template for the workplace of the future
- Strategies on how to get everyone on board with the overall vision, build excitement for the company’s direction and create commitment and buy-in to taking action today and for the future
This keynote is expandable up to a 1-2 day leadership retreat focused on building strategic plans, building aligned
- Evolutionary Leaders Keynote - Four Levels of Leadership Awareness
Today’s leader needs to be more agile, more creative, and have more energy than ever before.
In this keynote, Cheryl Cran provides a brand new evolutionary leadership model that offers a deeper look into personal performance and how to lead at the highest levels.
Drawing upon years of research, Cheryl will define what it means to ‘be an evolutionary leader’ in today’s workplace and how can we embrace this concept. Why the leaders of tomorrow must be a “collaborationist”.
She will share the best practices of evolutionary leaders and how this style of leadership will transform your business.
Attendees will leave with a depth of leadership and personal performance insights unlike any other leadership concepts available now.
- The four levels of leadership awareness and how they relate to increased performance for both leaders and their teams
- How to leverage emotional intelligence with ‘energy’ intelligence to be truly evolutionary
- By using Level Four Focus, how to consistently inspire others to increased energy and results
- How to increase your own energy and commitment while demonstrating leadership attitudes and approaches
This keynote is based on the four level awareness model created by Cheryl Cran, developed through leadership surveys, research and evolutionary thought leader masterminds.
- Lead with Energy, Power & Passion
In this motivating and energetic opening keynote you will leave with insight to the following questions:
- What your key motivators are as a leader- are you an intrinsic or extrinsic motivator?
- What motivates you as an individual? Are you better under pressure or not?
- What gives you energy? What types of people give you energy?
- What is your level of emotional intelligence – how can you leverage this to further engage and motivate your teams?
- What are the four levels of leadership awareness and how can we use this information to be better leaders?
These questions and more are addressed in this inspiring, eye opening and performance enhancing keynote.
As with all of Cheryl’s keynotes she uses humor, video clips, audience interaction and deep, insightful provocations.
- The War for Talent - Finding and Keeping Good People 2013 and Beyond
We are in a war for talent, US Conference Board states we will be experiencing the next big challenge of a shortage of skilled people in 2013 and beyond. Certain industries are experiencing this already–agriculture, food, trucking and oil and gas to name a few.
As quickly as people are being hired and trained other industries are approaching and poaching talent. What can we do?
Leadership expert Cheryl Cran provides tried and true strategies for attracting and retaining good people. It is time to create rather than compete when it comes to finding the right people and then providing leadership strategies to increase retention.
In this keynote or seminar you will leave with:
- Research on your industry and the current reality of finding and keeping good people
- Innovative ideas on where to find the right people that are suited for your industry
- Best practices from similar industries on finding and keeping good people
- Generational research on what Gen X and Y are looking for in an employer
- Generational research on what leaders need to do to keep good people of all generations
- Ideas on how to collaborate with other industries and partners to build an ongoing talent pool
This is an eye opening and value packed session that provides tactical ideas and strategies to help with the challenge of finding and keeping good people.