Cheryl Cran helps leaders and their teams to build future workplaces, today. Her research into the future of work, technology, innovation, and generations impact provides data and strategies to help drive transformation in a fast paced world. Thousands of her clients have benefited from her expertise in change leadership, organizational development, leadership development, communication planning, project management to result in growth, evolution, and success.
Cheryl’s background includes being a high performing leader in the corporate finance and insurance industries. While in the banking industry, she was promoted quickly to management, and from there was groomed to senior leadership. After ten successful years as a leader in banking, she was head-hunted by a national financial insurance company to head up their regional portfolio. In the two years she was there, her team helped to grow the company and increase market share by over 30%.
She is the author of six books, including her upcoming fall 2015 release, The Art of Change Leadership –Driving Transformation in a Fast Paced World; 101 Ways to Make Generations X, Y and Zoomers Happy at Work; and Leadership Mastery In a Digital Age. Her articles have been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, Metro New York, Readers Digest, Cosmopolitan, Selling Power, Builder Woman, Managing People, Meeting Planners Industry and more.
Cheryl was awarded the Global Consultant of the Year award in Shanghai at the TMI World Partners meeting in 2014. She is the Past President of the Global Speakers Federation 2012-2013, and on the board of directors since 2010. In 2012 she was inducted into the Canadian Speaker Hall of Fame.
Please contact us for more information or to book Cheryl Cran for your next event.
- The Future of Work Is Now – Are You Ready? Trends, insights and research on the Future of WorkEmployee engagement, creating future ready leaders, attracting and retaining top talent are all elements that are rapidly changing and impacting the way we work and how we need to change to meet the challenges of the future workplace today. This keynote will provide researched global business insights, thought provoking, creative, leading edge ideas and strategies on how leaders can take immediate action to increase team buy in, adaptability and execution NOW as we head towards 2030.Attendees will leave this session with:
- A look at the trends and technologies shaping the future workplace today
- Ideas for leaders and their teams to adapt their personality style and leadership style to the fast changing workplace
- “How” to successfully work with and engage the multiple generations in the workplace
- Insights into how leaders need to adapt to the ever-changing reality of worker attitudes and shifting attitudes on loyalty, job satisfaction and how work is done
- Mindset model on how to navigate fast pace of change as we head to future of work
- Research on the multiple intelligences needed to navigate the future of work
- Case studies and examples of progressive companies and leaders on the leading edge of creating innovative future ready workplaces
- Strategies on how to get everyone on board with the overall future vision, build excitement for the company’s direction and create commitment and buy-in to taking action today and for the future
- The Best Way to Create the Future is to Map It: Map your future with creativity and agilityMany disruptions including government shifts, global disasters, mergers and acquisitions, artificial intelligence, robotics, and changing worker attitudes is causing the need for leaders to be able to map the future of work for their company and for their teams. The type of leadership that is needed during these fast-paced times is the ability to flex in times of flux. Agility, adaptability and innovation are key attributes that will help leaders to drive the change and transformation needed to get to the future of work. This future of work keynote provides insights into the future of work and strategies to proactively map the future as a leader. Dynamic ideas and creative approaches to help build future ready leadership that drives transformation towards the future of work.Attendees will leave this session with:
- Insights on the impact of AI and robotics on your industry locally and globally
- A bi-modal model on how to leverage the best of what’s working now with data from future trends research
- Case studies of organizations that have successfully mapped their future by being on top of trends and future of work
- How to harness the ‘people first’ principle of future workplaces and a look at leaders who have leveraged technology to enable extraordinary value for clients and employee experience
- A ‘what needs to change’ and ‘what will never change’ checklist to help prioritize strategic actions towards future of work
- Inspiration, ideas and a ‘map’ of the future for self/teams/business that can be put into practical application right away
- NextMapping™ model and steps to create your future for self/business
- Future Ready Teams - How to Create Agile, Adaptable & Innovative Teams
Agile, flexible and innovative teams are the Future of Work. This future of teams’ keynote provides dynamic insights into the future of teams and how team structure is morphing to meet the real-time disruptions and demands of fast changing world. Research shows that small teams with highly motivated and engaged individuals are able to innovate and execute very quickly. The impact on business with high performing teams is faster ideas to market, nimble solutions for client experience and ultimately competitive advantage.Attendees will leave this session with:
- The latest research on team dynamics needed for future of work
- Statistics and data on the best future of work structure of a team, the best mix of personalities, aptitudes and more
- Strategies for team members to build a ‘me to we’ future of work attitude
- A mindset model on how to shift towards a ‘shared leadership’ team culture
- Ideas on how to cross collaborate, break down silos and innovate across the business
- How to create agile, adaptable and innovative teams
- Inspiration and plans to ‘map out’ what’s next for your teams to be future of work ready
- The Future of Attracting & Keeping Top Talent95% of companies surveyed cite a big focus for the future is finding and keeping top talent in the age of robotics, remote workers and increasing competition. This keynote provides trends, case studies, and creative ideas on recruiting and retaining talent. Fortune 500 CEO’s surveyed state that even with the age of robotics they are planning to continue to seek and hire talented people well into 2020 and beyond. The competition for attracting top talent is increasing, and as quickly as people are being hired and trained other industries are approaching and poaching talent. In addition, the increase in freelance and entrepreneur opportunities for millennials is making the talent search even more challenging. What can companies do? What do leaders need to do to win the war for talent? In this keynote, you will learn how to map out a strategy and plan on how to attract top talent and how to retain them for longer than average time frames.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- The latest research for your industry on future trends regarding attracting and retaining top talent
- Insights into current reality of finding and keeping good people the stats and the best practices
- Innovative ideas on finding the right people that are suited for your industry
- Creative ideas and examples from global companies winning the war for talent
- The top ten ‘attractors’ of what top talent want when looking to work for a company
- How to be a company that ‘attracts’ talent, including having transformational leaders and creating a culture that focuses on shared leadership
- The number one reason people leave an employer and how to fix it
- A greater understanding of why investing in recruiting alone is a no-win approach
- Creative solutions that you can put into place right away to increase your wins in attracting and keeping top talent
- The Art of Change Leadership – Driving Transformation In a Fast Paced WorldThis change leadership keynote is for everyone because “everyone is a leader!” Increasing fast pace of change requires a culture where everyone is a change leader. Everyone in the workplace is working in times of intense technological innovation and dealing with ongoing rapid change and disruptions. The key is how to inspire and engage everyone to be ‘leaders of change’ and to dynamically increase innovation, collaboration and success for everyone in the company and for the business overall. This keynote focuses on how each individual can harness their own inner abilities to lead change and personal leadership in a positive and proactive way. This keynote is based on Cheryl’s book “The Art of Change Leadership” (Wiley 2015)Attendees will leave this session with:
- Further insight into how is fast change is impacting the speed of work and how we as leaders need to build adaptability to the new reality
- A shifted perspective on how we as individuals can harness positive stress and leverage time in an increasingly fast-paced work environment
- A clear understanding of how each generation views change, deals with change and strategies to improve change responses and actions
- The change cycle and how to use this model to lead change for self and for others
- Insight into their own personal change behaviors and tools to leverage their individual ability to adapt more quickly to ongoing change with a positive approach
- Tools to lead change with multiple perspectives including emotional intelligence, generation intelligence and energetic intelligence
- A change leadership ‘next map’ that will outline your next steps to creating the future that you want to create
- The Future of Leadership
Never before have workplaces had so much ambiguity, uncertainty and constant change. Workers are challenged with doing more with less, learning at the speed of disruption and working with diverse situations. There is a massive opportunity for leaders to create the future for themselves and their teams. With the increase of digital transformation there is a calling for leaders to be connected, empathetic and inspiring for their teams.
In this keynote leaders will learn:
The most recent and up to date research on the future workplace and what it means for leaders today Statistics and sentiment analysis on worker attitudes and what workers want today and in the future from their leaders Leadership models on the ‘me to we’ mindset and mapping the future of the leadership journey Tips and strategies on how to leverage leadership mastery to increase the attraction and retention of top talent Inspiring ideas that can be put into immediate action to increase employee motivation and engagement Practical daily actions to help leaders feel energized and to help their teams to be inspired and excited to create the future of work Cheryl Cran future of work expert and founder of NextMapping shares inspiring, uplifting and practical ideas for leaders to be future ready now!