Boris Brott is an internationally recognized Canadian conductor. He holds major posts as a music director in Canada.
He also enjoys an international career as a guest conductor, educator, cultural ambassador and motivational speaker. His other positions include:
- Conductor and Music Director of the McGill Chamber Orchestra in Montreal, Canada.
- The National Academy Orchestra of Canada.
- Principal Youth and Family Conductor of the National Arts Center of Canada.
- Artistic Director of the Brott Musical Festivals, Ontario’s principal classical orchestra music festival.
Boris has served as Assistant Conductor to the New York Philharmonic under the late Leonard Bernstein. Other positions include:
- Music Director and Conductor for the Royal Ballet, Covent Garden.
- Chief Conductor of the BBC National Symphony of Wales.
- Music Director of the Northern Sinfonia of England.
His extensive guest-conducting appearances have been around the world. In 2000, he conducted Leonard Bernstein’s “The Mass” for Pope John Paul II at the Vatican.
In 1988, Boris was awarded the Officer of the Order of Canada, Canada’s highest civic honor. That same year, he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Law at McMaster University. Two years later, he was made a Knight of Malta.
- In 1992, he was selected International Man of the Year by the International Biographical Center in Cambridge, England.
- In 1996, he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts of Great Britain. In 2006, he was appointed to the Order of Ontario.
In addition to his conducting career, Boris is a motivational speaker, presenting more than 35 talks annually around the world for Fortune 500 companies.
Besides numerous film and radio commitments, Boris has conducted, produced and hosted over 100 television programs on both sides of the Atlantic. He has recorded for CBC, Septre-Mace, Mercury, Pro-Arte Records and Sony Classical where CDs with the late Glenn Gould have been released.
Boris lives in Hamilton, Ontario, with his wife, Ardyth, an author and lawyer. The Brotts have three children and two dogs.
- TEAMWORK AND CREATIVITY