Eric Termuende is the co-founder of NoW of Work, author of the bestselling book Rethink Work, and global keynote speaker. Having been on hundreds of stages and worked with and studied the greatest places to work in the world he knows what it takes to build incredible teams that are resilient, innovative, and ready for the future of work.
A former World Economic Forum Global Shaper and recognized as one of the Top 100 Emerging Innovators under 35 by American Express, his ideas have been featured in Forbes, Thrive Global, The Huffington Post, The Globe and Mail, and many more.
Through his company, NoW of Work Inc., Eric has worked with companies firsthand to accelerate the creation of more human, creative, and resilient teams. From keynotes to full-day workshops, Eric works with senior leadership to identify and work towards unique value propositions and gain alignment across the company.
- One-Degree Shifts: Building Tomorrow’s Greatest Places to Work
The future of work may look wildly different depending on industry, size, and location but the one thing all great leaders do is build a deep sense of trust, respect, and safety across their team. The question is: how do they do it?
In this completely tailored, engaging, and takeaway-loaded presentation, workplace expert Eric Termuende shares what years of research, stories, and insights uncover about the one-degree shifts leaders use to remove friction, improve communication, and innovate. From Domino’s Pizza to the British Cycling Team, discover how the consistent application of small, incremental changes builds tomorrow’s greatest places to work.
In this presentation, leaders will learn the secret of a one-degree shift to:
• Reduce friction and build trust
• Work more effectively with a smaller team
• Build a culture of innovation
• Understand your role in creating a ‘greatest place to work’
• Discover what cilantro teaches us about strong workplace culture
- Leading Virtual Teams: Maintaining Engagement, Productivity, and Happiness
Having studied some of the world’s best companies and surveyed thousands of employees, workplace expert and bestselling author Eric Termuende knows that those who lead virtual teams do three things effectively: They communicate well, reduce friction, and are highly empathetic. With the world changing at a break-neck pace, there are key steps we can take today to ensure that we’re mitigating burnout and getting the most out of our teams whether working virtually or together in the office.
In this fully customized, insightful, and takeaway-ﬁlled keynote, Eric Termuende shares leadership stories from the Cleveland Browns to Chicago’s Holy Cross Hospital to uncover what makes for an incredible workplace experience. Building stronger virtual teams requires a deeper understanding of how we use our time, connect with our people, and tie recognition back to our values. While the future is anything but certain, the actions we take today are sure to prepare us for whatever the world throws our way.
Attendees will learn:
• How to build a deeper sense of trust with your virtual team
• The three golden rules of recognition
• Where a stronger foundation of belonging resides and how to access it
• The research-backed correlation between recognition and engagement
• How leaders can take ownership of company culture virtually
- Can You Make It? What a Race Across Europe Fuelled By RedBull Teaches Us About Leadership and Building Thriving Teams
300 people on 100 teams with 7 days to get from London to Berlin. The catch? No communication with anyone outside your team, no currency or credit cards, no pre-arranged accommodation and no pre-arranged transportation – only 24 cans of RedBull. Would we make it? And what would it teach us about leading and cultivating an incredible team?
In this highly entertaining, always surprising keynote, hear from Eric Termuende as he takes you on his harrowing escapade across Europe. Learn how his team overcame new languages, new modes of transportation, and navigated their way across an unfamiliar continent before crossing the ﬁnish line and completing the journey of a lifetime.
Leadership and team development doesn’t just happen in the office. A remarkable story with unforgettable lessons may be exactly what your leaders need to be energized, engaged, and equipped with a new set of tools to lead their team.
In this highly engaging, interactive presentation, you’ll learn:
• How to reduce friction across your team
• What the difference between forced innovation and chosen innovation is and how to execute
• Why choosing the road less travelled is more effective than the highway
• How empathy, trust, and experimentation breed success
• How to empower the team to rise to any challenge
• Why failure almost always leads to success
• And ﬁnally, how to travel 2,013 miles across a continent you’ve never been to before without anything to trade other than a few cans of a caffeinated sugar drink