Kevin Rempel is a 2013 World Champion and 2014 Sochi Paralympic bronze medalist in sledge hockey who has an incredible story of overcoming a tremendous amount of adversity.
Paralyzed after a motocross crash in 2006, Kevin had to face unsurmountable odds while learning to walk again at the age of 23. Adding to this, Kevin had to deal with his father, Gerry, who also was living in a wheelchair. While deer hunting, Gerry fell from a tree leaving him a complete paraplegic one year from retirement. Unfortunately, Gerry couldn’t deal with living with his circumstances and took his own life in July 2007.
That following year, “Remps” as he likes to be called by his friends, found sledge hockey and set his sights on making Team Canada and playing in the Paralympics. Since then he has travelled the world, inspired thousands of people, and has been featured around the world in media such as CBC, TSN, and BBC Sport.
Today, Kevin is focused on helping grow the sport of sledge hockey through his teambuilding program, The Sledge Hockey Experience, and passionately taking the stage, either live or virtually, inspiring audiences with The Hero Mindset Keynote and coaching leaders using The Resilience Toolbox.
Kevin is an author of the book “Still Standing: When You Have Every Reason to Give Up, Keep Going”, and an expert in change management, mental health, and resilience.
Please contact us to book Kevin Rempel for your next event!
- The Hero Mindset: How to Drive Results and Embrace Change
Strong individuals and organizations thrive by recognizing the importance of having the right mindset when facing uncertainty. They choose to adopt the Hero Mindset over placing blame on other people, their surroundings, or external circumstances.
The Hero Mindset is choosing to step up in your life, make key crucial decisions, and take action in spite of feeling afraid and become the hero of your own movie. It’s about recognizing Hero Moments, Hero Decisions, and Hero Actions
Keynote Objective: This Keynote is for organizations going through expansion, downsizing, or restructuring who are looking for a way to support their employees during a time of disruption, who are going through significant change, acclimatizing to a new normal, working from home, and looking to build resilience during difficult times.
- How to leverage adversity as a driving force in your future success
- How to unlock the hero mindset to drive results and embrace change
- A three step formula to achieve daily, lasting results
- Practical tools and solutions to stay mentally well during the most difficult of times
- The Resilience Toolbox : A Resilient Mindset Roadmap
Despite what may be happening around us, we all have the ability to focus on our mindset and what we can control to create the belief system we need to be resilient and consistently rise to the occasion.
In this program, Kevin takes you through the strategies and techniques he used to overcome paralysis, learn how to walk again, cope with isolation during his four-year recovery period, and ultimately help Canada earn a bronze medal at the 2014 Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
Using simple frameworks and easy to implement tactics, employees can take personal responsibility in developing their mental resilience while working from home.
- Create Belief: How to strategically create belief that will shift your mindset internally so you can attack each day with confidence.
- Mental Conditioning: How to make resilience tangible and provide you with tools you need to achieve your goals daily.
- Self Care: How to manage your energy that fuels your body so you can focus mentally, be effective and avoid fatigue.