Michael Kerr is a Canadian Hall of Fame speaker who travels the world researching, writing, and speaking about inspiring workplace cultures, inspiring leaders, and businesses that leverage their humour resources to drive outrageous results!
Whether virtual or in-person, Michael’s presentations offer relevant, practical ideas delivered with his memorable brand of high-energy, clean humour. “Inspiring,” “hilarious,” “energizing,” “brilliant ideas,” and “relevant and timely content,” are phrases clients repeatedly use to describe his powerful presentations.
Michael’s ideas on building inspiring workplaces have been featured in hundreds of publications worldwide, including Forbes, Fast Company and Business Insider, while his Inspiring Workplaces blog has been listed as one of the top-30 workplace blogs in the world. He is also the creator of the Culture Leadership Academy, one the most comprehensive culture leadership online programs available.
Michael is also the author of eight books, including, “The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank,” “Hire, Inspire and Fuel Their Fire: How to Recruit, Onboard and Train New Employees to Live Your Culture Out Loud,” and “The Jerk-Free Workplace: How You Can Take the Lead to Create a Happier, More Inspiring Workplace.”
Please contact us to book Michael Kerr for your next event!
- The Jerk-Free Workplace: Creating Front Line Leaders Throughout Your Workplace for a Happier, More Collaborative Workplace
As I explain in my book, The Jerk-Free Workplace, this presentation is more than just about shining a spotlight on jerk-like attitudes and behaviors that might lead to conflict and poor morale in your workplace.
It’s about the need for all of your employees, regardless of their position or role, to step up, take responsibility, be accountable for their actions, and embrace the power they have as leaders to create a greater future for themselves and for your workplace.
Key messages in The Jerk-Free Workplace include:
- Choosing your attitude: How attitude at work drives success in so many ways.
- Is it me, or is it them? What if there is an “I” in teamwork?
- Resiliency boosters: Simple ways to embrace a more resilient mindset and a more positive attitude at work.
- You don’t need a degree in kindness to be kind: Behaviors that require absolutely no talent or skill!
- Embracing a leadership mindset: The difference between just being an employee vs stepping up as a leader
- Leading minds: The six leadership mindsets that frontline employees need to embrace.
- Who’s responsible for this? Why stepping up and being more accountable makes everyone happier at work!
- Creating French fry moments at work: Why frontline leaders must embrace a service-first mindset.
- Talk don’t squawk! How to avoid being a seagull at work and manage difficult conversations.
- Humor me! Why frontline leaders always bring their sense of humor along for the ride.
- Leading and Laughing During Turbulent Times
During these uncertain, turbulent times it’s never been more important to be intentional when it comes to injecting some positive humor into your workplace, maintaining a resilient attitude, and stepping up as a leader. And connecting with virtual employees, building bridges in the “hybrid workplace,” and unifying a remote team means being extra intentional when it comes to reaching out to employees and connecting in creative ways. Laugh as you learn some simple tools and techniques that will help your team manage their stress and be more effective during these disruptive times!
- There’s nothing normal about “the new normal”: Life and work lessons from the pandemic
- Laughing in the face of uncertainty: Putting humor to work to cope with uncertainty
- Attitude boosters: Powerfully simple ways to maintain a positive mindset in the face of adversity
- Stepping up as a leader: Why turbulent times requires everyone to step up as a leader
- Culture matters now more than ever: Why being intentional about building a resilient culture matters more than ever
- Bridging the gap and connecting the “homers” with the “officers”: Communication in a hybrid workplace
- Stepping up your service during turbulent times
- 3 powerful Rs of managing stress during these turbulent, challenging times!
“Michael Kerr delivered an absolutely outstanding performance – virtually! His energy and humorous content had our event attendees wanting our company to book him again for future events! Michael was a true professional throughout the pre-planning stages, he even downloaded and became an expert in our virtual event platform. I would recommend Michael for any event and advise to bring some tissue for wiping away your laughing tears!” Western Financial Group
- Putting Humour to Work for Less Stress and More Success!
Why choose between content and fun when you can have both? Putting Humour to Work presentations offer practical, relevant ideas delivered in a fun, energetic and memorable style.
You will laugh as you learn:
- It’s not about being funny: How humour can help you choose a more positive workplace attitude
- Why humour at work makes dollars…and sense: The compelling business case for more fun at work
- Three reasons why humour is one of the most powerful stress busters
- The “3 R’s” of putting humour to work to manage stress and deal with change in the workplace
- Using humour to communicate effectively: It’s not always what you say, it’s how you say things in the workplace that matters
- The humour advantage: Using humor stand out from the herd to be heard and to turn customers into raving fans for your business
- Why teams that laugh together, work better together
- Sparking creative thinking through the power of humour: Why HA + HA = AHA!
- Practicing “safe” workplace humour: Humour that laughs with people, not at people
- Inspiring Workplaces: The Way Work OUGHT to Be!
Why choose between content and fun when you can have both? Inspiring Workplaces offers practical, relevant ideas geared towards creating more inspiring, innovative, fun and successful workplaces, delivered in a humorous and memorable style.
You will laugh as you learn:
- Choosing your workplace attitude before it chooses you
- Why inspiring workplaces value their values and what it means to truly honour your workplace values
- Dreaming of a better future: Why a compelling vision matters
- Why (and how) inspiring workplaces put humour to work for great success
- Creating an inspiring customer service mindset towards customer and employees
- Inspiring creativity and innovation at work to manage change and prepare for the future
- Inspiring communication in the workplace: The difference between efficient communication and truly effective communication
- Inspiring employees: the top five motivating influences in any workplace
- Thanks a lot! Creating a culture of celebrating, recognizing and rewarding
- Guiding lights for creating more inspiring workplac
- Putting Creativity to Work: Ideas Are the Currency of Success
Do you want to get more ideas from your employees? And better ideas? Do you want to eliminate “but-headed thinking” (“But, we can’t do that!”)? Putting Creativity to Work offers simple, practical ideas on how to foster a more creative workplace, delivered in a fun, memorable style.
Audiences will learn:
- Why creativity is one of the most valuable workplace commodities
- The creative process simplified
- Creating a culture of questioning, a culture of curiosity
- Storming the brains: how to inspire more creativity
- The humour connection: Why HA + Ha = AHA!
- Simple ways to get generate more ideas
- Eliminating idea-squashing language and behaviour
- Turning failure on its heads
- What blocks ideas, what helps ideas
- Advancing and selling your ideas: turning your best ideas into winning results
- Inspiring Leadership
What does it REALLY take to inspire, motivate, and engage employees, especially during difficult times?
How do you create a “WANT to” kind of workplace, rather than a “HAVE to” kind of workplace? How do you develop future leaders? What’s the difference between being a manager and a truly INSPIRING leader?
And how do you make sure your workplace doesn’t end up in tomorrow’s Dilbert strip? Inspiring Leadership is designed specifically for supervisors and managers with any level of experience. Inspiring Leadership is packed full of relevant ideas that leaders can immediately implement. And as a bonus that audiences have always appreciate: Michael’s thought-provoking ideas are delivered in a unique, high energy and hilarious style.