Nikolas Badminton is a world-renowned futurist, researcher, and media producer. He helps trillion-dollar companies, progressive governments, and the media shift their mindset from “what is” to “WHAT IF…” The result is empowered employees, new innovative products and incredible growth that leads to more revenues and a more resilient future.
Nikolas has worked with over 300 amazing clients, including United Nations, NASA, UK Home Office, Government of Canada, United Way, Google, Microsoft, Rolls Royce, BMW China, DISCOVER, HSBC, Heineken, Procter & Gamble, AT&T, Young Professionals Organization (YPO), Ellen MacArthur Foundation, IDEO, Singularity University, and hundreds more.
He works with news and media production companies to create future-focused segments and documentaries. He has advised Robert Downey Jr.’s team for the ‘Age of A.I.’ documentary series, starred in ‘SMART DRUGS – a Futurist’s journey into biohacking’, and features on CTV, Global News, Sirius XM regularly.
In addition, his opinion has also been featured globally on BBC, VICE, The Atlantic, Fast Company, Techcrunch, Business Insider, Huffington Post, Forbes, Sputnik, and Venturebeat. He is also writing a chapter for a 2021 book called ‘The Future Starts Now: Expert Insights into the Future of Business, Technology and Society’ for Bloomsbury publishing in the UK.
Contact us with any questions or to book Nikolas Badminton for your next event!
- Brave New World - from what is to ‘what if...’
‘What will the future bring?’ is a question considered by every organization, government, municipality, and individual every single day. The challenge we have is that we are stuck in the gravity of servicing ‘what is’. This inevitably results in slowing progress, a lack of innovation, and stasis.
Nikolas will show you the incredible power of asking ‘what if…’ – an invitation to be creative in thinking about our futures, to see the ‘signals of change’ – exponential technologies and cultural changes – that are changing the world, to create stronger strategic thinking and see unforeseen risks today.
- 2020 to 2025, The Human Renaissance
In these interesting times, disruption has been redefined, and as business leaders, we prepare, reflect and look to the future beyond the pandemic. Nikolas has developed foresight that will provide you with opportunities in 3 key areas that relate to your business as we head into the future with hope, creativity, and optimism.
- Rethinking globalization – Opportunities presented by data and infodemic effects (the increasing speed of good and bad information), sustainable supply chains and logistics, travel and border security, and urban living will be explored;
- Accelerating Industries: Advancements and innovations in high-tech, Energy, Healthcare and pharmaceuticals, Retail, Agriculture and food supply, and transportation expected in the next 5 to 10 years will be highlighted and their effects discussed;
- Evolution of Work: The future of work will be a hybrid mix of remote and in- person collaboration. Opportunities in online and remote staffing, the effects on a remote workforce (physical health and psychological effects of efficiency, isolation, recognition, stress, and depression), productivity, and cyberoperations will be discussed. Nikolas will also show you how to create a ‘bionic company’ defined by Behavior, Cognitive and Network Capital.
- Resiliency Workshop (post-COVID19 planning) Virtual Keynote
The world is in turmoil. Disruption was never anticipated at this scale. Organizations now have an opportunity to get ahead of the time of recovery with progressive thinking on how the future will be.
Nikolas presents this collaborative workshop that empowers your organization to discover new thinking, find technological innovations, and explore future scenarios. We will work to identify opportunities to reduce risk, create organizational resiliency, and undertake stronger strategic planning through 3 activities:
Your industry in focus: Nikolas will look at the current state of the world, post-COVID19 considerations and scenarios for your industry across 6, 12, and 18+ month timeframes. He will identify the ‘signals of change’ that indicate change is coming at a global, domestic, industry, and organizational level.
Developing hypothetical scenarios: This collaborative exercise helps anticipate future risks, find new blue sky opportunities, and strengthen strategic planning. Behind this are three key principles that guide us: future solutions focus on humanity NOT technology; plurality, inclusion, and equity; and the application of scientific fact, and creativity
Identification of opportunities: We can work together to look for opportunities and future legacies. We can then talk about how we can develop ideas and apply them to your organization.
Following the session, Nikolas will work with you and your team to take workshop output and mobilize it practically in your organization.